Tuesday 29 March 2011

a long walk

Well it felt like it anyway. It's about a 3 mile walk to work for me and I swear to all that is holy it's all up hill. And it's all uphill on the way home too. Yes I am aware that this is impossible but the uphill bits really are killer! It's along busy roads and is noisy and filthy. But there is a section along a municipal golf course and there are many blossom trees along the way. My walk was full of daffodils and blossom and birds tweeting. It's all about what you choose to look at.

I watched the sun change from a red sliver behind a cloud to a glowy ball of fire until the clouds swallowed it again.

I used to always have music when walking. I don't bother now. I like to listen to what is going on in the world around me. I love it when you get those rare moments where there are no cars and all you can hear is the stop of people's feet and the birds. It only ever lasts for a moment but it's wonderful.

I'll be walking home as well to night so I'll have clocked around 3 miles. Here's hoping the rain holds off.

No comments:

Post a Comment