Wednesday 23 February 2011

Is it Christmas yet?

Is it Christmas yet? I only ask because that is a time of holiday and I could really use a break. Life it just a bit mental at the moment and not all of it is good. I am exhausted, physically and emotionally. I really would like a rest.

The AmDram group I am part of puts on it's one performance this Friday. Two short plays, both of which I am in. We only have 8 members so it has been a hard slog at this. I will be very glad when it is over. It actually stopped being fun about 4 months ago. When you have so few people you feel it really quickly if people don't show to a rehearsal or aren't learning their lines. We only have the one performance so I hope plenty of people come and see it. As nervous as I am it would be a pain to have gone to all this effort and have no one turn up. Tonight is an emergency run through. Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal. Then the performance. Three evenings out of my week for something I'm not really enjoying. Madness.

I've agreed to make a Regency dress and jacket for my Mum which I now have only 7 weeks to complete and she still hasn't had the pattern delivered. Eep says I. I know I'll be able to do it but I'm a little bit nervous now.

There are a few family issues at the moment. I don't really want to talk about them yet but I'm sure I will. Seems wrong to only share the good things of my life with you all.

Work is.....well it's work. It's not a homestead so I'm not going to be happy. Plodding along though. I'm in the midst of tidying and sorting which I like doing so that's not so bad. My ipod and a ton of filing :o)

So, 304 sleeps til Christmas then.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the am dram stuff - I'm always eager to sign up for things then when it starts sucking up every night I start regretting it a bit more. I think it's worth it most of the time, but sometimes, when I have to give up every night for a fortnight just to move a table back and forward by 3ft, not so much!

    I do hope your pieces go well and the rest of your life calms down a bit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre in a play? I didn't know that. What is it? What part are you playing?

    ReplyDelete