Tuesday 11 January 2011

The moose and my first handspun

Finally I have pictures of the Moose for you. This is Bob.






He's not quite as good as Geldoff as far as I'm concerned but considering how rushed I ended up being I'm quite pleased with him. Spadgersdottier squealed when she opened him so that made me happy :o)

The next fibre based offering for you is my first handspun yarn. I got my wheel in October and I have been practicing by plying lots of scraps of wool together. I finally broke out the raw fibre and spun one bobbin of Jacob and one of English. I then plied those together. It's uneven and fairly ugly but I love it. I've learnt so much already and can't wait to get more fibre.









2 comments:

  1. Haha, a pink moose, how cute! No surprise that Spadgersdottier loves him.

    The yarn turned out pretty cool for a first attempt. For inspiration I can recommend you this blog:

    http://weirdandtwisted.blogspot.com/

    Beautiful handspun yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob The Moose is just wonderful!

    I didn't know that you had a wheel! Your spun yarn is really pretty - the differing thickness looks good.......it looks like it was made to be touched!!

    I have a drop spindle thing that I found in a charity shop around a year or so ago - I have no idea how to use it, I don't think its original owner did either as it looks unused! I wonder if I will ever get round to Googling how to use it?.....

    ReplyDelete