Sunday 7 November 2010

Who needs a gym subscription?

Well yesterday we put that to the test. Me, Spadger and my momma spent the day at the farm clearing out the old goat pens. The lass who owned the goats got rid of them months ago but has never gotten round to clearing the pens. There was at least a years worth of compacted straw and muck just waiting to be moved. We agreed to clear it if we could take as much as we needed to help enrich our growing space.

Between the 3 of us we managed to clear 2 of the 4 pens and the central space between both pairs of pens. So out of 6 spaces we cleared 4. It took us about 5 hours of solid s**t shovelling. Oh dear lord was it a workout! Honestly, no one needs a gym subscription. They need to do some manual labour. I have a pleasant ache in all my muscles. To add to this we walk 2 miles-ish home from a friends last night and then today Spadger hefted all the bags of poo into a truck and then back out of it again at our house and I walked the horribly steep hill from the shop to our house carrying nearly 2 stone of shopping on my back.

Yeah I'm sore! It hasn't hit him yet but it will tomorrow or Tuesday.

This evening we're shlebbing out on the sofa with a beer and a film. I think we've earned it;

1 comment:

  1. Bravo to y'all! Yeah, manual labor is the best kind of work out ever! Personally, I am in no shape to exercise, course I am in shape, round is a shape...

    ReplyDelete