Wednesday 24 November 2010

a little bit of slap

Now then I am no stunner. I didn't fall out of the ugly tree, don't get me wrong. But I've not won any modeling contracts. But I find it amazing how many compliments I got last week. I put my hair in pin curls one day as I am trying out various styles for the Christmas party. So I went to work with a side swept rolled fringe and side curls. Now you can't wear a vintage hair like that without a ton of red lippy :o)

It seems as soon as you change your look the compliments start flying. I sometimes wonder if people really mean it when they say something looks good or if they just feel that they should say something. I also never know whether to be insulted or not when people comment that I look nice when wearing make up. Do I look that bad normally? hehehehe I know that's not the case and it's just a matter of complimenting the change.

2 comments:

  1. Before and after pics? haha I have been doing a LOT of self photography these last few months for the PR pattern stash contest and I stopped making up for the shots. It made me truly aware of the power of makeup and hair. I think it just results in a more finished style and the presentation is a bit more formal. So, people respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on getting compliments when I wear makeup vs. not wearing makeup. Personally I have worn make up maybe twice in my whole life, and I am 29. I feel that I am beautiful without it. People don't like it, then don't look is what I say!

    ReplyDelete