Tuesday 23 November 2010

Christmas dress 2010

I've been working on this dress for a few days now. So far I have made 2 muslins of the bodice to try and alter the pattern to fit me better. I have had one temper tantrum and I think it it now ready to sew. It's not perfect but quite frankly I just don't know enough to make it any better. This has cemented the idea that I need to get some good reference books on fitting. I'm stabbing in the dark here.

But I am now ready to cut my fabric. The actual sewing of this dress should go pretty easy. It has 4 bodice pieces and 2 skirt pieces plus 2 pockets and lining. There are 4 darts and it has a wide neckline at the front and a deep V right down to my bra strap in the back. I'm going to have to attach it to my bra in some way to stop the straps falling off or my bra straps peeking through :o) Because this should be quite quick I plan on making a huge petticoat like this one to go under it. Ok so that one has 10 layers and I might not go that mad. But somewhere between that one and this one maybe :oD

I'm still searching for the perfect hairstyle to go with it and as soon as I've done that I'll figure out what hair accessory to craft. I'm thinking copper to go with the colours in the fabric. But that is less important than the dress so I won't get hung up if I don't get round to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished dress!

    So sorry that I'm not commenting more often, but I seem to be always in a hurry these days. Everything on the farm takes so much longer and is more exhausting in the winter, so my online time is seriously curtailed...

    But I'm always happy to see an Blue Frog Sticks update in my reader!

    :) See ya!

    ReplyDelete