Tuesday 29 June 2010

Too warm to clean

I am so tired. The temperature here has been hovering around 28C/82F during the day and 14C/57F during the night. That is so much warmer than I am happy with on both counts. To put it in perspective this winter, the worst one in this country since the winter of my birth, we had the heating set at 17C/62F at it's highest and dropped it to 15C/59F whenever we could. The heat stops me sleeping properly hence the tired. It's funny, I once spent 7 weeks abroad in 40C/104F and while I was definitely warm I wasn't as uncomfortable as I am now. We have a very wet heat here in the UK. We're a wet country as a whole but in summer that makes it sticky.

So I am trying my best to not be grumpy and to just get on with things. I have just finished of scrubbing our house to within an inch of it's life. We get so busy and so involved with our various projects that the tidying has a tendency to get put off. (I would like to point out that we are not total scutters we just get behind a bit :oD) I spent Sunday cleaning and organising the upstairs, yesterday was the kitchen. As you may know our kitchen is very small which makes every task seem monumental as there is no room to do anything. I intend to re-organise all the cupboards and shelves as well as scrubbing everything, tonight was the living room. It's all done now except for my sewing pile which is a task unto itself.

Ah well, it;s 00:15, its cleaned, made bread and backed my boss a birthday cake. I'm off to bed folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment