Saturday 29 May 2010

The fabric is bought



Today was fabric day. It only took a couple of hours which is quite good for us both really. Neither one of us is very decisive. After a trawl around the market we headed to the only fabric shop in town which is quite expensive. After a bit of wrangling and maths a decision was reached. I would love to say that it is the above but we both decided that as great as it is it wasn't suitable for a black tie event. Instead we went with the below.



It's a bold pattern but muted colours so this should start my friend towards the brightly coloured things she is scared of but wants to wear! Isn't it pretty? The muslin I had made was pretty spot on. It needs taking in at the back and the pleats at the neckline need to be bigger. By altering them it pulls the neckline in too much so I'll have to draft that out a bit. I know that sounds odd but I can't explain it better. I think it could do with an SBA maybe but this is quicker.

The gorgeous sheep fabric was bought but as a gift for me. How ace! I commented that it would be great for a hat I'm making for a new shepherdess but I have been banned from buying new material til all mine is gone. So gifting was done.

The other sewing related point of the day was the window display of a shop in town. There are 3 windows and each one is filled with old sewing machines. I counted them and there are around 100!!! I want to take each one home :o) I took some sneaky pic for you so you can enjoy the prettiness too. All of them have the beautiful patterning that mine is missing *sigh*









1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I enjoyed most the pictures of the flowers, or those of the sewing machines. Every time I see one of those old Singer sewing machines I think of my Mama's love for me. She made all of my clothes on one of those when I was growing up....

    ReplyDelete