Tuesday 30 March 2010

So I guess it's Wednesday

It's 7:47 and I am awake. A very strange state of affairs when on holiday. However I am very aware that I only have today and tomorrow to myself now and tonight we are going to the cinema, tomorrow Spadgersdottier gets here. So my me time is at a premium now.

10:20
I have finally finished copying the patchwork instructions so the book can go back now. It needs to be back tomorrow but I'm not sure I can be bothered today. the weather is dry so it would make sense to go now but it is a tad chilly (typing is quite hard right now!) so I might have to have a cuppa before making any hard and fast decisions.

1:42
Just burnt my toast that was going to have cheese on it. Man I should stop to have lunch rather than pausing. That way I might concentrate on my lunch!!! Ah well. I'm looking to be on track with the dress I'm sewing now. I really need to go get the bread on though if I want to have a chance at having it finished before we go to the cinema.

4:05
Bread takes a little over 2 and a half hours to make. Unless you are trying to have it finished for just before you go somewhere. Then it takes and indeterminate amount of time that will definitely be longer than you have. The bread gods mock us mere mortals!!!!

10:37
Well the bread was done in time and 2 tea loaves to boot. Not bad all things considered. The film was amazing. We went to see Kick Ass and I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Hilarious does not cover it!! I've not finished the dress but it's just the zip the hem and some slip stitching to do. Right now I think it may be bed time.

1 comment:

  1. Homemade bread..sigh. Even when I used to sew fairly regularly, I could never ever get the zipper in the first time. And it never ever looked just right. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete