Monday 15 March 2010

Art strikes

I love the fact that random art can strike in any place. I got my first serious camera for my 18th birthday, back when I entertained dreams of being a serious photographer. My whole life I've hated the fact that I can "see" what I want to put on paper but I can't draw it. Photography seemed the answer to that. Now it's still a labour of love and you vary rarely get it just like you see in your head. But you get exactly what you see through the viewfinder.

I like to take quite close up pictures, focusing on things you might not notice or even know existed. How I wish I could afford a good macro kit! But anything can become a good picture in the right frame of mind.

One of the things the CSA asked people to do was to take some photos for the website.So this weekend I took Bessie (my trusty camera) with me and took a few shots.



I like the almost monochrome look to this one. Atmospheric barrow :o)



Any farm, no matter where, will have old bits of machinery lying around. There's something beautiful about all that twisted metal.



Last week I got a serious case of Barnheart looking back over the farm as the sun was setting behind it. Now it wasn't quite as pretty this week as we left a bit earlier. But I still think it's stunning and long for my own!!



And lastly who could resist a kid. I adore baby goats, they are just so darn cute!!

So that's it for the farm inspired art for this week. These kinda pictures will keep me going til I have a farm of my own.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely piccies. I love the one of the old plough (I think it's a plough?), the twists and twirls of the metal are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete