Friday 18 December 2009

7 sleeps til Santa comes



Well the snow has been flurrying all day. Not much more has settled but it hasn't melted either.

I have almost completed everything for the project from hell which makes me happy. The weekend is almost here and I will be spending most of it baking.

It is still snowing and me and Spadger have been outside catching snowflakes on our tongues. We both love snow but I'm a wee bit more exuberant about it than he is :o) Especially when he has to dig out the car.


All in all it's been an awful week but when you look at pics like this you have to smile.



This one is proof that our local fox likes our garden. We think that these are his prints, they look too far apart to be a cats.


The veg patch is looking very seasonal. Hope the garlic and onions are ok. They are over-wintering types.


I will leave you with a little story. I was listening to a lady on the radio today who's husband died a month ago today. She was telling us about her wonderful neighbours who brought her milk and bread and cleared her path for her as the snow is real bad where she is. She was commenting that snow can be "a pain in the butt" but it brings out the best in a lot of people.

If the weather is bad where you are, look out for all those around you a little more than you would do normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment